Notice: For cost and security reasons, the U.S. Department of State has begun phasing out the option of additional visa pages for U.S. passports. Requests for additional visa pages will be accepted for existing passports only through December 31, 2015. Starting January 1, 2016, applicants who need extra pages will need to apply to renew their passports and be issued the standard 52-page book.
Note: All routine consular services at the U.S. Embassy Dakar, Senegal are provided by appointment only to U.S. citizens visiting or residing in Senegal or Guinea-Bissau. Emergency cases (such as medical emergencies, deaths or arrests involving American citizens) will still be handled on a walk-in basis during normal Embassy hours or after hours by calling the Embassy duty officer.
Schedule Your Appointment
Steps to Take Before Scheduling Your Appointment at the U.S. Embassy, Dakar Senegal
- Review our website to determine the specific service you need.
- Ensure that all applications, forms, and additional documents are completed correctly before you come to your appointment. Photo copies of all original documents are required and cannot be done at the Embassy.
- Print your appointment confirmation letter and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Schedule one appointment per applicant per service through the link listed below. For example if you have two children where each requires a passport renewal, each child must have his or her own appointment. If you have questions about what type of appointment you require, email DakarACS@state.gov for more assistance. Duplicate appointments for the same service will be deleted in the system without notice.
- Cancel your original appointment in the system if you need to change the date. In order to cancel your appointment you will need a password which you can find on your appointment confirmation letter. Please email DakarACS@state.gov for assistance.
- Arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late to your appointment you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. When you arrive at the Embassy, please inform one of the guards that you are a U.S. citizen with an appointment and go directly to the Consular Receptionist window.
Passport for Adults
If you are replacing a 10-year validity passport that was issued within the last 15 years and you are able to present this passport, you can apply for a new passport using Form DS-82. You do not need to appear personally at the U.S. Embassy and can send the completed form and original passport to the U.S. Embassy with someone you trust. Please do not send the application and passport by mail.
- Completed and signed DS-82. If the applicant has a social security number, it MUST be included in the application in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Two full-face 2 inch-by-2 inch identical color photographs taken within the last six months with a white or light background. Photo Shops in Dakar.
- Original U.S. passport.
- Cash fee of $110 or equivalent in CFA.
If you are applying for your first adult passport; are replacing a lost, stolen, or mutilated passport; or are not able to present a 10-year validity passport that was issued within the last 15 years; you must appear in person to apply for a new U.S. passport.
- Completed, but not signed, DS-11 — Do Not Sign until instructed to by a consular officer.
- Two full face 2 inch-by-2 inch identical color photographs taken within the last six months with a white or light background.
- Proof of citizenship, such as a previous U.S. passport or original birth certificate.
- Proof of identity, such as a photo i.d.
- Cash fee of $135 or equivalent in CFA.
The Consular Section can only accept cash fees in U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in CFA. We regret that we cannot accept checks or credit cards.
If you are requesting for a name change, extension of validity for limited passports, or correction of a printing error, then apply for a replacement passport. If the change is within one year after issuance, please submit a U.S. passport Re-Application Form DS-5504 (PDF 84 KB). Also, submit the passport that needs the change, the documentation required, and new passport pictures. There is no charge for this.
If the change is more than one year after issuance, please submit an Application for Passport By Mail DS-82 (PDF 84 KB), along with the passport that needs the change, the documentation required, and new pictures. The cost is $110 or equivalent in CFA.
Lost or Stolen Passports
If your passport was lost or stolen, you must appear in person to apply for a new U.S. passport and present the following required items. The Consular Section cannot accept incomplete applications.
- Complete and signed Form DS-64 (Statement Regarding a Lost of Stolen Passport)
- A police report if the passport was stolen.
- Two full-face 2 inch by 2 inch identical color photographs taken within the last six months with a white or light background. Photo Shops in Dakar.
- Proof of citizenship such as an original U.S. birth certificate. If you cannot obtain proof of citizenship, the Consular Section can access previous passport applications to verify your citizenship.
- Proof of identity, such as a photo identification card.
- ACS Fee for the passport issuance and execution charges. The fee must be paid in cash dollars or the equivalent in CFA. The exchange rate is set weekly by the U.S. Embassy. The Consular cashier will inform you of the rate at the time of your application.
To prevent identity theft, please report any lost or stolen passports as quickly as possible. If you find a passport that was reported lost or stolen, it is invalid and cannot be used for travel.